Under the Food Safety and Standards Act, food business operators must obtain registration with FSSAI in India. FSSAI issues the registration or certificate to the applicant. Any newcomer must be getting the registration certificate before starting a new venture or business of food items. The application can be made by visiting the FoSCoS portal or website.
Types of FSSAI Registration
There are three types of FSSAI Registration which are given following:
- FSSAI Basic Registration
The yearly turnover of the Food Business Operators is less than Rs.12Lakh and their food production capacity is about 100 kg per liter per day should apply for a basic registration certificate.
- FSSAI State License
The Food Business Operators whose turnover is more than Rs.12Lakh but does not more than Rs.20Crores annually are termed medium-sized Food Business Operators. These FBOs should apply for the State License certificate.
- FSSAI Central License
Food Business Operators with an annual turnover of more than Rs.20 Corers must apply for a Central License Certificate.
14-Digit FSSAI License Number
The 14-digit license number on the FSSAI certificate must be posted by all Food Business Operators on the package of food products and also mention the address or location of their company. The FSSAI License Number is divided into five parts, each with 14 digits which are mentioned below:
- Section 1 – The first digit is involved in Section 1. It shows whether or not the food establishment has obtained an FSSAI Registration or License.
- Section 2 – It contains the second number of the license and the third digits. It mentions the state code under which the food establishment is registered and operates.
- Section 3 – It contains the fourth number of license and fifth digits and also specifies the year in which the food establishment was permitted an FSSAI License.
- Section 4 – It contains the sixth number’s license, seventh, and eighth digits and denotes the total number of enrolled masters.
- Section 5 – This section contains the last six digits number’s of the license and in which also specifies the Food Business Operators’ unique license number.
Issuance of FSSAI Certificate
After the application is made for the FSSAI License certificate then the concerned authorities will go through the procedure which is mentioned below:
- Confirm the jurisdiction of the application and the office fee receipt
- Inspect the all related documents
- Conduct inspection of food sites or premises.
- When the authorities are assured then a copy of the FSSAI certificate specifying the QR code is e-mailed to the applicant.
Advantages or importance of FSSAI Registration
There are some advantages or importance of FSSAI Registration which are as follows:
- It will do some favor for businesses in attracting more investors and new customers to purchase their goods or products.
- It proves that is beneficial for the consumer and which will aid the firm in attracting more customers or purchasers.
- It will also help in the development of goodwill and honesty in businesses.
- It will be easier to earn a guarantee of high-quality items with FSSAI Registration for businesses.
The Process to Download the FSSAI Registration or License
Some steps are followed for downloading the FSSAI Registration or license which is given following:
- Firstly, go to the official website of FoSCoS.
- Secondly, on the homepage, click on the Login-Businesses after that the FoSCoS login page will appear.
- Click on Sign-in and then you will need to enter the username, password, and captcha code. Click on the sign-in option.
- Then the dashboard will be viewed on your screen.
- After that, you elect the Issued option.
- If you applied for the FSSAI license then you click on the Issue License and if you have applied for the FSSAI registration then you click on Issued Registration Certificate.
- The certificate will be viewed on the screen then you click on the option of the FASSI certificate registration number under the Registration number or Reference number, a column on the certificate details.
- Now, you click on the option of download and save it to your system.
It concluded that FSSAI Registration is essential for any form of food-related activity and it will also help businesses in building their altruism and getting the trust of a consumer. The process of downloading an FSSAI Registration Certificate online will help business owners in getting an FSSAI Certificate easily and quickly at their convenience. When Food Business Operators do not have an FSSAI Certificate then the Food Safety Officers inspect the food facilities or goods and levy substantial fines so FSSAI Registration is needed.
eStartIndia will help you with FSSAI Registration from the comfort of your home.