Every woman should have at least one kanjeevaram saree in her wardrobe.
One of the most traditional and luxuriously richest handloom saree is kanjeevaram sarees. Made of pure silk woven into detailed work these sarees have ruled many Indian occasions and weddings. These sarees are durable and with their beautiful shiny appearance, these sarees are popular all over the world. The queenly appearance these sarees make the girl get makes it mandatory to have the bride have at least one such saree in her wedding wardrobe. A 5-9 yards long silk saree when draped over your silhouette, will make your feel no less than a queen.
Finding a perfect kanjeevaram and silk surat sarees is not a big deal in a country like India where it is born and originated. But this pure silk saree has to be maintained and cared for with utmost delicacy to keep them in its original form. Today, here in this article we will share a few tips and tricks to maintain your saree at its best.
How To Store Your Kanjeevaram Sarees?
Kanjeevaram sarees are one of the most delicate sarees one can own, to store them in a better way here are a few ways you can maintain them perfectly.
Folding Your Kanjeevaram Saree Carefully!!
Kanjeevaram pure cotton sarees wholesale are made with beautiful zari work, to maintain them in a perfect way make sure you fold the saree in an inward manner in proper folds to keep the zari protected and you don’t damage the handwoven Zari work.
Store It Properly
Kanjeevaram sarees are like delicate babies. You can’t just keep them anywhere with any one thing, try wrapping them with muslin or cotton cloth to keep the work and fabric safe. Avoid plastic covering at all costs. Wrapping the saree in muslin is the priority which will help you to increase the durability of the saree.
Neem At Your Rescue
Silk cloth attracts moths and insects easily, and to keep them away and your saree fresh, store your saree with neem leaves. And if you think your saree might grow fungus on it, you can use silica gel to keep it safe from everything. Avoid using naphthalene balls, or any air fresheners on your sarees as they might harm the fabric and the work done on it.
Air Your Bridal Saree
Make sure you change the folding of your saree every 2-3 months and air it properly even in the shades of your room to maintain its longevity.
Avoid Color Fading
Sunlight damages your silk saree and fades its color, make sure you keep it in a dark and dry place to avoid color fading the saree.
How To Clean Kanjeevaram And Silk Saree?
If you are planning to wash your saree at home make sure you follow
- Wahs your saree with cold water for the first three washes
- On your fourth wash, you can use a little shampoo
- Do not use harsh detergent and brushes as they will ruin your embroidery and fabric
- Make sure to wash saree, pallu, and border separately with delicacy.
You cannot wash your kanjeevaram silk saree at home, you’ll have to get it dry cleaned, a skilled hand wash is what your saree need, kanjeevaram sarees need a total to pamper to be cleaned, and any small stains will be washed out in the process of dry cleaning.
Soapberries As Cleaning Agents
Soapberries also known as Sapindus are used traditionally to wash even hairs. These berries are natural, hypoallergenic, palm oil-free, and vegan cleaning agents which are made at home. As they are chemical-free they won’t harm your kanjeevaram silk saree.
Do not, I repeat do not wring your saree, as it might spoil the work of the saree and wrinkle it permanently. To dry this saree use a towel to absorb the excess water from the saree and hang it on a padded hanger.
No Drying In Sunlight
Dry your saree inside in a shade where no direct sunlight is reflecting on the saree, as it might fade the color of your saree.
To iron your kanjeevaram silk saree make sure you keep a cloth in between the saree and iron, do not directly use your iron on the saree.
Quick Solutions For Stains
We are always too conscious when we wear outfits that are delicate and expensive but you can’t always stay clear from disasters and imagine getting stains on your favorite kanjeevaram saree don’t panic.
- Get your saree dry clean as soon as you get the stain, the more you prolong the harder it will get to remove the stain.
- Do not try on your own to remove the stain you might damage the fabric and work of the saree
Also Read : Top 5 leather jacket brands in USA
How To Restore Lost Shine Of Silk Sarees?
No matter if you are washing your saree at home or at the dry cleaners it will lose its shine over a period of time. Here are some simple steps to restore the lost shine and luster of your sarees.
- Make a solution of distilled white vinegar and lukewarm water in the ratio of 1 tablespoon in 1 liter of water. Soak the saree in the solution for about 3-5 minutes and then wash it properly in cold running water until all the vinegar and the smell are gone, do not wring it but dry it with a towel to remove excess water and dry it in the shade without letting direct sunlight on the saree. Do not directly use iron on your saree or choose a silk setting in your iron to iron, you can use a cloth between the iron and saree to avoid harming your saree. Make sure you avoid ironing it when it is totally dry, iron the saree when it is still damp. Try ironing on a patch first before ironing the whole saree. Avoid using a drying machine as the high temperature of heat might damage the saree permanently.
#kanjeevaram south indian bridal saree, #kanjeevaram south indian bridal saree, #kanjeevaram silk sarees