No home is complete without a welcoming scent. It’s comforting, it makes your home feel clean, and it can make all the difference in how you interact with different rooms. We’ve found that taking care to make each room of your house smell good will help create a sense of peace throughout.
A bedroom is a special place. It’s where we go to sleep and rest, so it should smell like something relaxing. There are many ways to make your bedroom smell good like adding a diffuser to the room, using a scented candle, and using a scented spray
- Use a diffuser. I like the ones that look like little vases, but you can also find them in the shape of other things, like a seashell or a pumpkin.
- Try out some scented candles. Look for ones with names like “Cinnamon.” These are sweet smells that don’t overpower your senses (they might even make you hungry!).
- Get yourself some sprayable room sprays—They come in all sorts of fun scents, but don’t worry if they’re not all perfect matches for your bathroom: The point here is just to add some extra fragrance without having to light anything on fire (or worry about accidentally spraying it on yourself while taking off makeup).
- Grab yourself a new hand soap or body wash—You should use fresh-smelling body wash like cucumber melon or coconut lime verbena (the latter comes with essential oils). There are hundreds of options out there so make sure whatever one you choose has at least two ingredients listed as being natural extracts—not just artificial fragrances.
When it comes to adding fragrance to the various rooms of the house, most people forget to pay attention to the kitchen. You should add fragrance-adding elements in your kitchen as well.
- Use a diffuser to spread the scent of your favorite essential oils throughout the room.
- Light tree scented candles and enjoy the pleasant aroma.
- Use potpourri to add a subtle, sweet smell to your kitchen.
- Try placing an oil-based air freshener near your stove or in a drawer that smells bad; this method works best with citrus scents, like lemon or lime oil!
If you don’t have time for any of these options, simply use some baking soda on its own—it will absorb odors without needing any other ingredients!
The dining room can be a tricky one because you want the scent to be pleasant, but not overpowering. You also want it to last for hours. In this case, you may have to use several different scents in the same room at once:
- A plug-in air freshener
- A scented candle (this could be a single candle or one that’s part of a set)
- An oil diffuser (you could even get fancy and put it right on your dining table!)
You should not use floral fragrances in the dining room. We recommend you to use the fragrance of edible items only so that you can enjoy the meal without getting distracted.
Next up is the living room. This is where you want to use a diffuser or candle to set the mood and make your guests feel at ease. If you don’t have one already, consider purchasing a diffuser for each room in your home. They’re small and portable, plus they’re easy on your wallet!
For the living room, we recommend:
- Scented candles – these are great for when there’s no time to light an entire burner or for when you’re trying out new scents that may not work well with a warmer like this one does with other items (like potpourri).
- A wax warmer – these come in all shapes and sizes so whether it’s large enough for multiple rooms or just large enough for one person sitting at their desk working! Either way, these warmers will help create an inviting atmosphere without having to worry about burning anything else down while they were doing their job!
- You need your living space to feel safe for yourself as well as others who visit often (like kids). When there’s an unpleasant odor wafting around the house, people tend not only to avoid areas where they might encounter it but also worry about other aspects of their health (especially if someone has allergies). People enjoy being able to breathe freely without worrying about getting sick from something else in their environment; scent plays a huge role here!
As you can see, there are many ways to bring fresh scents into every room of your house. Now that you know how it’s done, why not give it a try? Your guests will love the way your home smells and maybe even ask for tips on how they can make their own homes smell good too!