Once you set up your Google Ads account, its performance can be estimated with the help of its optimization score. From 0 % to 100 % the variation can occur in this score. Suppose at full potential an account is performing then that means its optimization score is 100 %.
Working of the optimization score
By performing an analysis of your campaign’s settings and knowing about their configurations it can be possible to calculate the optimization score. With the help of this score, you can ensure that everything is going perfectly. Now have a look at certain types of recommendations:
As per the recommendations of Google, this category has been considered the most valuable. It is necessary for you to fix those things that need repairs like:
- If there is no activity in your conversion action then you need to fix that: It is basically a conversation tracking-related issue. Due to incorrect firing or lack of a conversion script this type of problem arises. So, without wasting any time you need to go for investigating and fixing it. On your campaign, there can be a serious impact of the conversion tracking problem particularly when you are bidding in an automated manner.
- There is a possibility that no keywords exist in your ad groups: If no keywords exist in your ad groups, then you need to figure out that immediately.
- There is a possibility that no ads are present in your ad groups: If you want clicks on your ad groups then it is necessary for you that on your ad groups you add ads.
- If in your campaign of shopping no products are shown then you need to add the products: This type of problem can occur if in your account of Google Merchant Center there is no linking of products or if the products are excluded from the inventory filter.
2. Keywords and targeting:
Here you need to focus on by whom your ads will be seen.
- Take the help of search partners from Google for expanding your reach: When just like the search partners from Google you will use shopping ads and search for something then your visibility will improve.
- Go for creating a custom audience: If on the basis of the places visited by a particular type of audience, apps used by them, website visited by them, search terms used by them, their purchase intent and their interests you will target them then this will help you in creating a custom audience of your choice.
- Consider adding new search terms: A large number of advertisers make mistakes with this recommendation. In order to reach a wide audience adding new keywords is considered by Google Ads. Here the possibility of getting those search terms is much more that do not fit perfectly and are randomly selected search terms.
3. Bidding and Budgets:
In order to get a single click, the amount of money that you get ready to pay comes under the category of bidding and budgets. Here automated bidding has been given great importance and attracting the advertisers to it is the main idea that works behind this category.
- The conversion tracking may need to be upgraded: Here in order to get an attribution that is data-driven, you need to make several changes in your model of attribution.
- Use enhanced CPC for bidding in a more efficient manner: If you are using a manual strategy for bidding on your CPC campaign then this recommendation is for you. When there is a possibility of conversions, then for boosting your bids, you can get a lot of help from enhanced CPC.
- Use Target CPA for bidding more efficiently: When for every sale you get ready to pay a particular target amount then the setting of that amount comes under Target CPA bidding. If the average order value is similar in your many products or you target branded keywords in your campaigns, then for such campaigns you need to consider this recommendation.
- Maximize conversions for bidding in a more efficient manner: If you are able to drive more conversions then this will help you in more efficient bidding.
- Focus on targeting impression share for the purpose of bidding in a more efficient manner: In setting maximum CPC and choosing a location for appearing you can get a lot of help from Target impression share. If your objective is improving visibility then these variables will be helpful to you.
4. Ads and Extensions:
If you want to make your campaign more effective then you need to focus on improving your CTR on a continuous basis and this can happen by making the right and regular use of videos, images and copy.
- Consider creating your ads’ new versions: If in your ads no changes have been made then there is a lot more possibility of you seeing a pop-up with a recommendation of this type. For refreshing your creativity, you can use a nudge.
- Use those search ads that are responsive: In your search campaign, the new ad format by default is a search ad that is responsive. Therefore, if for each ad group you have a responsive search ad then this will be much better for your ad campaign.
If you will follow all the above-mentioned recommendations then your ads will perform much better and so your Google Ads optimization score.
You can easily get the services of web design, PPC and SEO by hiring Digital Marketing Agency USA.